All houses fit together more or less in the same way. The Milton, Martock, Lopen and Kingsbury have roofs which lift from the back and hinged at the front. The Merriott and Witcombe have doors and a fixed roof. For the Stembridge, please see different fitting instructions below.
- We recommend you use a battery powered screwdriver for ease.
- Make sure you construct the house and run on a level surface.
- Ensure all panels butt up to each other properly when putting together both house and run.
Screws And Fixings
2 T hinges
2 Butt hinges
To Assemble The House
Fix the front of the house to the sides by screwing 6 70mm screws (3 on each side) through the pre-drilled holes on the front to the frame on the side panel.
Fix the back to the sides in exactly the same way as the front.
Drop the floor in and fix it to the frame using 8 30mm screws (2 on each side).
Milton, Martock, Lopen and Kingsbury To attach the roof, screw the T hinges (with 3 30mm screws) to the extreme edges of the front of the house so that they screw into the frame. Then screw 3 30mm screws into the other half of the hinge and into the frame of the roof. The roof will then lift from the back.
Merriott and Witcombe. To attach the roof lift into place and screw through the side edging into the frame using 2 70mm screws on each side.
To attach the lid of the nest boxes, screw the butt hinges using 8 30mm screws onto the top of the nest box so that the lid can be lifted.
Using 2 60mm screws, screw one end of the perch down onto the horizontal bar above the pop hole and the other end, making sure it is level, through the side of the vertical support into the other end of the perch.
To Assemble The Run
Screw 2 60mm screws through the pre-drilled holes on the end panel into each of the side panels.
With the top resting on the end panel, screw through the 2 pre-drilled holes into the end panel. Secure the sides using the other 6 screws by screwing through the pre-drilled holes.
The run then slides either side of the house.
Milton House And Run
Make house and run up as above.
Attach the run to the house for stability by screwing the open end to the house through the pre-drilled holes in the sides of the run.
For any problems with assembling the houses, please call Simon on 07778755162.
Instructions For Stembridge
Putting together the house.
- Fix the back to the sides by screwing through the pre-drilled holes in the back into the sides using 70mm screws on each side.
- Fit the front in between the two sides and secure by screwing 3 x 70mm screws through the side into the end of the front through the pre-drilled holes. Repeat for both sides.
- Drop the floor in and screw down using 30mm screws. Screwing the floor down is optional as some customers prefer to have it loose.
- To attach the roof, screw into each side with a 60mm screw from inside the house.
- Lift the nest box into the house. It is not fixed in and can be put on either side.
- Attach the perch to the side supports in the house through the pre-drilled holes.
Putting together the run.
There are 2 curved roof panels and 6 flat wired panels for the sides and end. Of the 6 flat panels, there are 4 are the same size, 1 door panel and 1 narrower panel.
- Each side of the run is made up of 2 panels. We suggest the one closest to the house on one side is the door panel.
- Attach the gate to the side panel using the black T-hinges and silver bolt.
- With the mesh on the outside, attach 2 side panels, one with the gate and another panel to each side of the house through pre-drilled holes. Screw the other side panels on to those attached to the house and then screw in the end panels (one of the 4 and the narrower panel).
- Finally attach the 2 roof panels, screwing in from inside the run.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Simon on 07778755162 and he will happily talk you through it.